Until further notice, On Arrival all types of Visas are temporarily withheld for Foreign Nationals entering Bangladesh. To obtain a Visa for Bangladesh, the applicant must submit the following and fulfill all requirements to avoid any delay of processing visa:
Applicants must provide their email address on the application form to get updates of the applications.
2. A 2’’X 2” color photograph with white background taken within the last six months (attach using glue on the top left corner box of the application form. Do not staple photo);
3. Attach existing valid passport (original passport) with a validity of at least six months;
4. Photocopy of the passport (photo page only);
5. If applicants are foreigners other than US citizens, must submit a photocopy of their valid US Visa/Green Card. US State ID or Driving License will not be considered as Proof of Residency;
6. Attach a health certificate (i.e. Rapid Test Negative Report) or a Certificate in English from a certified physician/clinic/pharmacy for ensuring that applicant are not affected by COVID;
7. Fees: (Cash or Personal check will not be accepted), Please pay to the “Embassy of Bangladesh’’ in the format of Money Order/Cashier Check/Official Check only;
Processing fees for most types of visas for ordinary US passport holder is US$160.00.
Processing fees for Employment/Missionary/NGO (E/M/N) visas are US$190.00.
NO REFUNDS: Fees, once received by the Embassy, cannot be refunded, even if the application is withdrawn or service cannot be rendered.
8. Tourist Visa: Letter of invitation / Hotel reservation / Travel itinerary.
9. Work Visa: Letter of employment from the employer in Bangladesh and letter of concurrence from concerned Ministry, Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA), Board of Investment (BOI), Bangladesh Export Processing Zone (BEPZA). To work (with pay/voluntary) in a non-governmental organization (NGO), the applicant should furnish a copy of a letter of appointment from the NGO with attestation by the Bangladesh NGO Affairs Bureau in Dhaka.
10. Student Visa: Letter from the concerned educational institution duly attested by the Bangladesh Ministry of Education in Dhaka and Certificate of financial guarantee.
11. Business/Meeting Visa: Letter from the employer in the United States and invitation letter from the host company in Bangladesh clearly stating the purpose of the visit. Please also include Trade License/Registration Paper or any Government issued Certificate in favour of the host organization. If you are interested to include your name in the list of interested importers from Bangladesh, please contact the Commerce Wing of the Embassy at +1-202-244-0183, Ext 324.
12. Investor Visa: Letter of recommendation from the Bangladesh Ministry of Industries or the Board of Investment (BOI) or Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) or Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA) in Dhaka.
13. Missionary Visa: Letter of appointment from the Church and “No Objection” from the Bangladesh Ministry of Religious Affairs in Dhaka.
14. Diplomatic and Official Visa: Note Verbale/letter from the concerned government office/Mission. Any direct communication from Dhaka will not be accepted, which must come via Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka.
Additional form for defense personnel and their family members .
15. Journalist Visa: Letter of request from the employer/news agency clearly stating the purpose of the visit. Persons/Network/Organization requesting for shooting/filming in Bangladesh are required to fill in Form , in addition to the visa application form.
Please note that after scrutiny of documents, the Embassy may request for an interview and/or submission of additional documents. Issuance of visa may be delayed if reference has to be made to Bangladesh for clearance.
The Embassy may accept or reject any application for visa.
The usual processing time for a visa is 10 working days. The processing time may vary on a case by case basis.
Service by Mail: Applicants may send their application by mail. If so, applicant must provide a self-addressed return envelope with appropriate postage stamps and tracking number for Priority/ Express Mail of the United States Postal Services (USPS) only.
Please check https://www.usps.com/business/prices.htm to see the price of postage stamps. We will not accept a return envelope unless it is a Priority Mail flat rate ($8.70) or Priority Mail Express flat rate ($27.10) envelope.
Applications received by mail may need additional working days for its processing.
Embassy of Bangladesh
3510 International Drive NW
Any incomplete application received by mail will be returned to the applicant without query.
Walk-in applicants are received at the front desk between 10:00 am to 1:00 pm on Monday to Friday, except holidays. Delivery time of documents are from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
Wearing a mask is mandatory for all kinds of service seekers during walk-in hours at the Embassy.
Please note that until further notice during COVID-19 pandemic: LATEST NOTICE
NOTICE on Mandatory 14-days institutional quarantine for the passengers arriving to Bangladesh
a) On Arrival all types of Visas are temporarily withheld for the Foreign Nationals entering Bangladesh.
b) All travelers, who already have valid Visas for Bangladesh, must present a health certificate of PCR Test (in English or with English translation) from a certified physician/clinic/pharmacy, to be obtained within 72 hours of travel, ensuring that travelers are not affected by COVID before the Immigration Officer upon arrival in Bangladesh.
c) Any traveler who lived in or visited any coronavirus affected countries are advised to keep in mind the condition of presenting health certificate and are subject to 14 days of quarantine upon arrival in Bangladesh. Health Officials at the entry points would decide whether they will be self-quarantined or quarantined in Government run facilities. Those under self-quarantine would be monitored by law enforcement agencies for strict compliance.
d) Traveler arriving in Bangladesh may face health screening and may be subject to 14 days of quarantine. Health officials at the entry points will decide whether they will be self-quarantined or quarantined in Government run facilities.
e) Diplomatic / Official passport and Laissez Passer holders, posted in Diplomatic Missions in Bangladesh and members of their families (even holding ordinary passports) with valid visas will be exempted from the restrictions mentioned in paragraph (b) and (c) above.
Please browse following web-links of the Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh before departure for Bangladesh from abroad:
For further inquiry:
Fax: 202-244-7248 / 202-244-2771
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org